Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Boy

I would like to introduce you to my new baby! With S going home this week I was given a new little boy to fill his place on my list. Baby P had perfect timing. He arrived at GLA last Friday in a dramatic way that made him seem perfect for me from the start. P is now, the first ever baby in history to have been left outside the gates of our orphanage. Abandoned. His age is estimated to be between 12 and 18 months and when we weighed him yesterday he came in at just over 13 pounds! As soon as he was found Dixie took P to the police station to report him abandoned. There she was told to pick and name for him and so Baby "P" came into our lives.

When I first laid eyes on this little guy I knew my heart had met it’s match! He is adorable! He has these HUGE eyes. I’m sure they seem even bigger on his tiny little body. He is always smiling. The only times I have ever seen him cry are when I put him down on the floor after holding him. But when I remind myself that this sweet little boy was found sitting on a blanket all alone, having just watched his Mama walk away from him, I don’t blame him one bit. You can tell that someone in P's life loved him a lot. When you talk to him his eyes never leave your face and he loves to “talk” back to you. He grins every time he catches you looking at him and he loves to look you right in the eye. He was taken care of to the best of someone’s ability for as long as possible. The day she woke up are realized that she couldn’t keep him anymore must have been one of the most terrible moments of her life. I have had him only a week and I can’t even start to think about ever letting him go. When I hold him I never want to put him down. I would do everything in my power to take away all the hurt and pain in his life. I know that right now all I can do it give him the love that he needs to feel secure. Seeing his personality, it's a love I know he has been used to getting. It won’t be hard. He’s pretty lovable! I have a feeling the next few months with him are going to be a complete joy, and like all the other babies who I have come to know here in this place, I am afraid that he now and forever holds another big piece of my heart, never to be returned. I am so looking forward to really getting to know this sweet little boy and sharing all I find with all of you.

Please be praying for "P" this week. Pray for his physical health. Right now, other than being underweight he seems very healthy. He is eating well and enjoying his food! He hasn’t had any diarrhea or vomiting. So far his body seems to be strong. Please pray that this continues! Pray for his emotional health. I can’t believe how well he has adjusted to life at GLA and I just pray with all of my heart that that stays true. He is a sweet, happy baby and I hope he will continue to grow and develop in that way. Please also pray for his future. Because of the choice of his mother to give him a chance at another life P now has hope. He has a family, perfectly chosen by God to fit his needs. Please pray that even now He would be preparing them for each other. Pray that when the time comes his paperwork for his adoption would go though easily and that he wouldn’t come across any complications. One of my biggest prayers for P right now is that his mother would somehow return to GLA. I pray that she would come to us with his birth certificate and help us fill in the blanks on his life. We don’t know his birthday, or even his given name. Dixie’s job in finding P a new home will go so much easier if she has all of this information.

As always I thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart for making this journey possible for me. When I think on where I would be if I were not here, it breaks my heart. This place and these babies are my calling, my purpose. And because of the generosity of all of you, I am able to fulfill it. I would be empty inside if I were not touched by these little lives and I thank you for helping make that happen.

Loving a sweet new angel,
Rhyan


No comments: