Friday, January 9, 2009

The Broken Road

Several posts ago I told you that the letter I was writing was the most exciting one I had written. Well, this news trumps that one tenfold! God has finally answered the prayers of thousands of his followers. Today visas were finally granted, after 10 LONG MONTHS for S and his twin sister! We have been working on trying to get American visas for these kids since they were denied last April and today they were finally issued. If you had been in our home today… Everyone, the nannies, and kitchen staff, volunteers and even Dixie were shouting and dancing! Never before have I fallen facedown on the floor in praise! When I heard the news that is exactly what I did. I literally could not have stood up if I had wanted to. I cried sobbing tears of joy. Even now, over 4 hours later my hands are shaking so much that I can’t find the correct keys. Spell check hates me Have you ever witnessed a true, real miracle? This is truly something that will NEVER be able to be “excused” away from God. He will always get the glory for what happened today!

I have been praying for this moment since I got here! Even before, I remember when I shared in Cornerstone Church right after I got home in April about these kids and asked people to pray for them. How impossible it seemed. Over the last few months it seemed like it got even more unlikely. Every appointment that ended in disappointment made me lose a little more hope, some days I really did wonder if it would ever really happen. But through it all we prayed, the followers of Jesus were faithful in our pleas and now He has answered us! There are so many people who have heard the story of Sonia and Sonel, and so many people who needed a different from these kids. As difficult as the last months have been I understand that God sees a much bigger picture than any human ever can. Through something that seemed like a hopeless, God has reached hundreds of people. Though the wait was painful God is working everything out for good. He is so faithful to us!

Of course this is a wonderful start to my new year! I got back here on Tuesday afternoon after almost 24 hours of travels. Sleeping in the airport is never fun but in the end I finally made it, refreshed, renewed and ready for 6 more months of beautiful babies! My time at home was great but it left me even more excited about my work here. I loved skiing and seeing a lot of people who I have been missing and even though the cold was quite a shock, I enjoyed my “white Christmas” By the 7th day home I was missing my kids so badly that I know without a doubt that this is the perfect place for me. Holding them when I got back was such a sweet feeling! I’m not sure I will ever be able to leave them again now!

All of my kids are doing very well, M is finally getting fat! He is still testing positive for HIV but now that we are able to keep some good food in him I am optimistic for his health! F has found the joy of dress up! I for one am a fan and may have encouraged it a little bit. I think every little girl should get lots of “tutu time”. K is getting more and more silly every day! He is so smiley and loving, every time I come into his nursery I am greeted with the sweetest smile! Ed just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter! He loves to dance and thinks that the johnny jumper must have been created for his personal entertainment! J-Man seems to be the one who was most effected by my leaving for 10 days. He will come upstairs with me willingly, but once he uses me to get out of the room he wants nothing to do with this person who “abandoned” him. I know he will come around soon. My littlest N has been sick the last few days, she has moved back to the high care room from Urge A. There has been a rotten cold bug going around and she caught it worse than most of the kids and was pretty sick. Luckily she is recovering quickly and I’m sure she will be back to her old self in no time!

I am so happy to be home again and I am so thankful that God has answered our prayers in sending S & S home! Please pray for their family as they prepare to travel to Haiti, pray that their time waiting would fly and that they would be able to bond as a family incredibly! Please join me in praising God in the wonderful answer to all of our prayers! Thank you for being faithful in your support to me and all of the babies here.

Amazed by our faithful Lord!
Rhyan


Bless The Broken Road
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I
would find true love along the broken road But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign
pointed straight to you Every long lost dream led me to where you are Others who
broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your
loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years
I spent
just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to
you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Every long lost
dream led me to where you are Others who broke my heart they were like northern
stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is
true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Now I'm just rollin' home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

No comments: