Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Plea

Well these last two weeks have been eventful to say the least. Two of my kids moved up to Kay B (the toddler house) I am really excited for them. It will be so good for J-Man to have more space to play and to practice his walking. He will love having all those big kids to play with and entertain him too. I am expecting that F will do great as well. She really needs to work on talking and with all of those older friends around she has great examples to follow. It is amazing to me that neither of these children could walk when I got here and now both of them are doing so well that they are able to move to the big kid house. I love seeing the results of the work that I do.
With F and J-Man moving on I got two new kids from the main house to work with. G-Bebe is a 20 month old little girl. She is HIV positive and so one of my main concerns working with her is keeping her healthy, as of right now I am happy to say that she does not seem to be affected by her disease. My other new love is L. L is a fantastic little baby who just turned one on January 1st. He loves the jonny jumper and any toy that makes noises. He is also wonderfully cuddly and I love to just sit and rock him. It’s so neat to be starting over right now with so many new little ones to encourage and love. I can’t wait to watch and see how they improve.

I do have one rather serious matter to share with you. When I left for GLA my finances were in order for my 9 months here. Over the course of my time the money I had expected has not all come in. At this point I have funds to cover my stay through the end of February. If I do not get my finances in order by then I will start making plans to return to The States. This isn’t something that I have anticipated but if I have learned anything over the past year it is that I am not in control. From my finances to where I serve, God has planned this time in my life. If he chooses for me to remain in Haiti He will provide the needs I have. Should He choose that I return home then it is because He has something wonderful for me to do there. I praise Him regardless and trust him always. At this point however I don’t feel like He has given me to ok to leave so I am asking all of you to consider making another donation to me in my work here. I will need $600.00 a month for each remaining month here (March, April, and May) and $200.00 for the month of June. If you would like to make a donation you can either send a check to Cornerstone Church or follow my pay-pal link. Either way, I am always grateful for all each of you has done for me. I promise to let all of you know as soon as I have any more information.

Thank You All,
Rhyan

No comments: