Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Answered Prayers

Once again, while my weak human mind doubted, I have found myself wrapped in His peace. Jesus has lifted my head and shown me His will. Sometimes I am disgusted with myself for the doubts that I let creep into my mentality. How many times have I cried out to Jesus for my needs and not had him answer? Never! And yet I find myself anxious about the needs that come before me. It doesn’t take much for me to forget the amazing things he has done for me in the past and start to doubt. I am so thankful for all of you, who let me share this struggle and who join with me in my prayers. I always know that as soon as I share my concerns with you things start to change. You are my prayer warriors. Philippians 4:6 says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God.” I am so blessed to have you all to join me in presenting my requests to God. I have brought so many specific prayer requests to you all in the past. I feel like now would be a good time to share with you some of the wonderful ways God has answered our prayers.

Back in December I asked you all to pray for me and for a very special little girl "Ella". Ella was one of the babies that I got particularly close to in my time here. When I first started working with her she was 5 months old and weighed 9 pounds. Being able to watch her grow was amazing and I fell in love with her. In December I was going through a difficult time because her adoptive mother was coming to pick her up. I had asked that you specifically pray for the communication between her mother and I. The amount of English she spoke was incredible. I know without a doubt that was an answer to a specific prayer. Her English was the best of any French parent I have met yet! I was able to speak to her and get to know her a bit while she was here. I also asked that you would pray for Ella's bonding time with her mama. The first day that her mother was here she cried for me every time she saw me. I had to sit in the other room and hide from her. It was extremely difficult for both of us and I was very anxious about the next few days. I didn’t need to worry though, by the next morning she was so in love with her mom that I barely existed to her anymore. By the time they left she actually cried for her mama when I was holding her. It was a painful, but extremely comforting moment of answered prayer. I am so happy that I got to see her go to a wonderful family, I saw the light that she brought to her mother’s eyes. I know that she is loved and safe and happy. I can see that God built this family and I am so humbled to be allowed to be a part of his plan for them.


Me with "Ella" and Her Mother

Another huge answer to our prayers were the visas that were issued for Soso and his sister. I think in coming here my main prayer was for these two. Sometimes I feel like my biggest mission the last 6 months was praying constantly for their family to be united. From the moment I shared with all of you about S, amazing things began to happen with him! He started standing, something I never thought I would witness. He began to connect with me in a way that I wasn’t sure was possible. And, as all of you know, a visa that many people here were sure would NEVER be issued was granted. Every single memory of Soso, that I have is a true undeniable miracle. An answer to the prayers of hundreds, even thousands, of believers. Even Dixie thought that there was a chance these children would never be allowed to leave Haiti, because of that she has proposed 2 more children to this family. Brothers, one of whom became very sick last summer. DJ ended up having to have a surgery here in Haiti and will continue to need medical attention in The Sates. Because of his medical needs he qualified for a medical visa (this allows him to be in The States receiving medical care while his adoption continues to be processed here in Haiti.) The files were processed separately and yet DJ's medical visa was issued on the same DAY as S and S's visas were! These parents were able to come pick up 3 miracle babies at the same time! A few weeks before these parents traveled to Haiti, the birth father of DJ and his brother came to GLA. He had brought their older sister to be placed! She was also presented to this family for adoption and chose to accept her as well. A family who started out this process almost 3 years ago, hoping to bring 2 babies into their home, will now continue until the day they have all 5 of their children under one roof! They had spent over 10 agonizing months crying out to God, wondering how in the world the heartache of waiting for their twins could be a part of His plan, and now they see the clarity of His will. Because they had to wait, 3 more children will be added to their family. Because her father brought her when he did, they were able to meet D when they came to bring S, S and DJ home. Because they were faithful in their belief He blessed them more than they could have imagined! Witnessing the building of this family in God’s perfect timing had forever changed my faith! Will I still continue in moments of struggle, of course! But seeing firsthand the truth of “all things working together for the good of those who love Him” will never leave me! How could I look at this situation and not understand how truly precious we are to our creator and how much he puts into each of our individual lives. Are Ralph and Beka perfect people? They would be the first to tell you that they are not! They must struggle the way that each of us do. And yet God is active and working in their lives. If he cares so for them, it is how He cares for each of His children. If He can provide a miracle for them, He can do it for any of us! Seeing them untied with their children will forever be a picture in my mind when my heart is crying out. It will always be a reminder of His faithfulness to His children. You who shared this journey with me now have that as well. I hope that it is as real to you as it is to me. God always answers our cries and He still works miracles!


Me with Soso and His Mama

In my last update I shared with you all, the struggle I was having with my finances. Not having a peace about leaving and yet not seeing how it was possible for me to stay. Once again, worrying about the future when I had no need. So many of you have come forward with your gifts. I have been promised already the amount that is needed for me to stay through April and I am confident that the rest will come as well. This is the place I am supposed to be! God called me here and He is using each of you to fulfill His plan for my time. There are so many ways that God has revealed himself to me while I have been in Haiti. My greatest prayer is that He has revealed himself to you as well, through the things I share with you. I pray that He become as real and powerful in your lives as He has in mine.

We serve a God who answers prayers!
Rhyan

No comments: