Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Have Been Inspired

I have been inspired by this sweet little girl...


Berlancia

September 30th 2006 - August 29th 2008


Saturday will bring the one year anniversary of Sweet Berlancia entering heaven. It seems like a lifetime ago but while driving today and thinking about her, it hit me, to B it has been just the blink of an eye. She has forever, with no end, in the presence of our Savior. Could I ever wish her anywhere else?


In honor of Berlancia's memory I want to encourage all of you to make donations to God's Littlest Angels this week. You can go to their website and make a donation or click on my paypal link at the right side of this page. For every $5.00 donated I will enter your name to win this shirt! From the (product) Red collection from Gap, created to help eliminate HIV and AIDS. Just leave me a comment and let me know if you donate between now and next Saturday (September 5th) and I will enter you to win!


Berlancia is in heaven today, and there is no other place I could want her to be, but there are hundreds of thousands of people in our world who are still living with this epidemic. Babies in the arms of their sick mothers, having inherited a disease that will kill them. Women who will die because of a husband who brings home a virus they did nothing to deserve. I can not forget and I can not be silent! Today I can do a little, not a lot, but a little. I don't have thousands of dollars to give to research or the ability to go and nurse these precious ones. But I can honor them. I can give them the respect they deserve. I can do what I can to work for them. So while today I can't do a lot, I will do what I can. I will give what I have and I will chose to remember.


"Berlancia, nou pral sonje ou toujou."

"We will remember you always!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B WILL be remembered. Thank you for honoring her. I made a $25.00 donation to GLA in memory of her!