Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heaven Sings

He is still...
The God of this city


He is still....
The King of these people



He is still...
The Lord of this nation


He is still...



He is still...
The Light in this darkness

He is still...
The Hope to the hopeless

He is still...
The Peace to the restless

He is still...
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done
In this city
And greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done here


I have heard people say that God is bringing his judgement upon Haiti. I will NOT believe that is true! God did not strike this country down. I believe that what happened this week was a natural disaster. I believe that God aches with us over the things that occur as the result of sin in our world, but I do NOT believe that the God I love and serve sent this terrible thing to punish his people. I do believe that God will use this horrible time for His glory. I do believe that as the Haitians go to sleep again tonight, under the open sky, their hymns and songs to Him are heard. I do believe that the God I know and love cries with us because of the awful pain that we have. I also believe that although many will soon forget, our God will not. He remembers His people here always. He will calm their fears. Only He can heal their broken hearts. My God did not cause this disaster! I will not blame Him like the world wants. We live in an imperfect world where bad things happen. Bad things will always happen because we have fallen, but bad things do not happen as a result of the sins of select people, bad things happen as a result of the sin of ALL people. My Haiti may be filled with darkness but there are lights everywhere. They are small but they are growing. Last week they exploded. People are crying out to Jesus. People in Haiti and people everywhere. My God did not send this earthquake but my God will rise from it. Our God will be praised. Heaven is crying with our pain tonight but they are also singing praise. This week heaven gained the souls of many faithful servants and the living vessels of the bodies of so many left behind. Our God gives, our God takes away. Blessed be the name of The Lord.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Hello Rhyan,
I understand the grief and pain that your people are going through! Have your people read the book of Job to help them understand that God is not bringing judgment on them. In time like these it is easy to place the blame on someone else but keep up the good work in reassuring them that our God would not do this! Take care and keep up the good work!
Wendy from Gibbon

Anonymous said...

Amen Rhyan! I agree with everything you say and shame on those that say otherwise. They are false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing. Thank you for taking care of our babies. We are trying so hard to get them home. Much love! Heidi

smiles4u said...

Beautiful Rhyan! This brings me to tears. Yes, I have heard ignorant people saying such things about Gods judgement on Haiti. Thank you for writing this so perfectly. Blessed be the name of the Lord. (((((Rhyan))))) Lori

Liberty said...

I agree. God did not do this, but He will be glorified through this. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a world we live in some idiot always uses fear and blame. Shame on you.

We think we are even stronger than nature. I'm sorry, maybe its time, we the world, help others instead of ourselves.This is the classic comment, blame g-d or someone or something else << instead of taking responsibility to help offer hope instead of hopelessness.

Rhyan,Thank You.

Beth said...

Amen! I have had terrible tragedy in my life lately and I don't believe God caused it either!

what a beautiful blog...you are a truly amazing person. so much heart. God Bless you for ALL you are doing.

bobnmel said...

Dear sweet Rhyan
Amen and Amen to all you said in this blog. Our God loves us cares for us and He cries with us in our pain. I look forward with anticipation to all that He will do as a result of this terrible tragedy. He will accomplish His plans as people like you are obedient to Him and His call on their lives. God bless the Haitian people; God bless you; the babies the beautiful nannies and keep you all safe in His care
love Melanie