Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Antelia

Tonight I spoke to a friend in Haiti, it is raining. I can only imagine... I can see the faces in my mind. It breaks my heart. When I close my eyes these are the faces I see. They are wet and they are cold. I hate this...


This is a woman who will sleep tonight, on the ground, in the mud. She does not have a mattress, she does not have a pillow, she does not have a blanket. She will sleep on a flattened cardboard box. I can't stand this...


They are on my heart tonight and for good reason. Last week I visited this family in their new "home"



I spoke to them and I looked in their eyes. And now I am here, a world away. I'm sitting on my couch. I am watching TV and I have a space heater pointed at my feet. I have no idea...WE have no idea...


My heart is breaking. Haiti is not better. Just because they aren't in the news anymore, just because it is not the trend of the week, doesn't mean they are fixed. Tonight the Haitians still sleep outside. Tonight they are still hungry. Tonight they still hurt. Tonight YOU can help.


If you can help this family please send your financial donation to:


Rhyan Buettner, 307 N 18th Ave, Bozeman, MT, 59715


I have a fund set up and it is my personal mission to make sure this family gets a new home. You can help. You can make a real, lasting difference in Haiti. Will you? Will you help me make sure that this mother and her children do not have to sleep in the mud any longer? Will you open your hearts to Antelia Dindin and her family?



No comments: