Thursday, March 25, 2010

Colorado Bound

I have been so awful about keeping you all updated these last few weeks! After vacationing in Red Lodge and enjoying some of the best skiing of my life, I had a very special visitor that made sitting at the computer difficult! Kerdjerns came to spend a few days at my house while my dad went to come business meetings in the area! Of course I LOVED having that little guys around but he sure made getting any work done difficult! He and dad left yesterday to go back to Minnesota.

Now, I would love to say this means that life is returning to "normal" but that never seems to be the case for me these days! Tomorrow I will get on yet another airplane, this one taking me to Colorado Springs. I am going to help out in the offices of God's Littlest Angels, the orphanage that I have worked with in Haiti.

Since the earthquake they have been overwhelmed with amazing support! Along with incredible blessings comes a lot of work! I will be helping them get organized after the last few months of chaos. I will be helping by adding thousands of new address to their databases and preparing more containers to send to Haiti. I will spend about a month in Colorado and I know it will be a great time of learning and serving for me!

I always strive to be honest with you all and so I ask that you would pray for me in some of the reservations I have about the next few weeks. I am so excited to be able to help but I am also apprehensive! I have so much going on with Espwa Berlancia right now, it takes up so much of my time that I am a bit worried about being able to keep up while I am helping GLA too. Pray for my energy to be multiplied and that I would be able to keep up with everything. I am also trying to psyche myself up for being gone from home for so long. I know, it must sound silly, if I were getting on a plane to Haiti I would be crying over how little time I had. I guess it because when I go to Haiti I know what to expect. I know that my days will be so busy and full that I wont have time to think about anything else. I am sure that I will find the same thing true in Colorado but I am a girl who loves my routine! I don't like the idea of leaving it for so long! Pray that I will have peace and fall easily into my new schedule and truly love the work that I will do. Pray that I will be a blessing!

There is also the matter of finances. God has been so good to me. All of my needs are being met before I even have a chance to worry about them! I am so blessed! In the last few weeks, however, I have been seeing a large depletion in my financial support. I am 100% convinced that I am doing the work that I am called to but I know I can not do it without help! If any of you feel led to support me financially in my work for Haiti and most specifically, my month in Colorado, donations can be send to

Rhyan Buettner
307 N 18th Ave
Bozeman, MT 59715

I am excited to be working hands on, for the mission that introduced me to my love for Haiti and to learn a lot about how non-profit organization work in the process. I pray I will be everything they need while I am there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will totally pray for you! I have been reading your blog for awile and really appreciate your honesty. The truth is, we all need a little prayer and encouragement sometimes! I am in love with Espwa Berlancia. You are what I hope to do, Rhyan. I am 12 and am in the process of expanding our family to a big ol' 14! We all have a heart for Haiti and hope to adopt our 7 kids from there.

In Christ,
Mattie Patterson

Anonymous said...

Praying for you right now Rhyan. Learn as much as you can and let God handle the financial stuff. If you get overwhelmed and need help with Espwa Berlancia, let me know how I can help.

Aaron