Friday, May 7, 2010

Here With Me

Pause the music at the bottom of this page, sit back and listen to this…





This morning I sat in a rocking chair on the balcony, looking out over the mountains and palm trees, the weight of a little boy in my arms and listened to what has become my prayer and claim for Haiti. I love this song, I love it’s message and I love it’s truth.



God of THIS city.

King of THESE people.

Lord of THIS nation.



This afternoon I will venture out into the very heart of this city, into a camp that hundreds of thousands call home. In the few short hours I am allowed into their lives I will attempt to intertwine their hearts with mine. I will try to memorize every name and every story. I will do everything I can to soak in every second. I will not be above them, I will not downplay their pain. I will listen to what they have to say. I will break my heart to their struggles and then, I will bring them back to you.



They deserve to have their story heard. They deserve to speak their loved ones names out loud. They deserve to remember and be remembered. I will do my best to honor them.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I enjoy reading your blog and wish I too was back in Haiti. When I was there in March one of the members of my group (he's a worship leader) sang this song during a church service. It meant a lot to us and it meant a lot to the Haitians we were worshiping with. God truly is the God of all.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. For those like me who desperately want to be back there...it gives us some way to stay connected until that day comes.

Shalom,
Denise