Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Forgotten Children

I love them. Forgotten by most but never by me. My life is forever changed, in 3 short days.

Benjamin

Kerline

Solomon

Rose Berline

Luckson

They changed my life.

Amy, her team and I were blessed with a wonderful visit with the staff and children of Foyer Des Petits Demuins and we are more convinced than ever that this the work we are called to do. We know their names and we’ve seen where they live. In Creole there is a proverb that says “you must sleep with Jon to know if he snores” Meaning, if you truly want to know someone you need to live where they live. We did and now we know. Now I cannot touch a light switch without remembering the shouts of joy that echoed when we arrived home with a new generator that provided power to their home for the first time since the earthquake. Now I cannot eat a meal without wondering when they last did. I cannot erase the real life I witnessed and shared. I wouldn’t want to if I could. I’ve found a place that fills my soul and now I am committed to giving them every bit of my heart and passion.

I have been guilty in the past of making my own plans, of diving headfirst into something that I need to take slowly. I pray that I won’t make that mistake here. I pray I will be wise and that God will be fast ;) There is no doubt in my mind that Leogane, Haiti and this home are where I belong.

101_9393 101_9398 101_9404 101_9417 100_9483  101_9406

“Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead. Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go”

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay :) I'm happy you found home!! Can't wait to see when God takes you...I'll pray for your patience and His quickness :)