Monday, August 2, 2010

Is It Ok With You?

Is it ok with you that each of these little babies lived today without being hugged, rocked or cherished?

FDPD Children  (13)

Is it ok with you that this is the kitchen where their one daily meal is prepared?

FDPD House (8)

Is it ok that this is where they are bathed, in cold water every morning?

FDPD House (11)

Is it ok they they only ate only one time today?

Kids Eating (6)

Is it ok that the little girl in this photo, taking care of these children, is only 9 years old?

Kids Eating (2)

Is it ok that the cardboard box that their new generator came it will be used as a desperately needed piece of furniture, until it disintegrates and falls apart?

Kids Eating (3)

Is it ok that they are hungry?

Kids Eating (4)

Is it ok that this is their life?

Kids Eating (5)

Is it ok with you? It’s not ok with me! It’s not ok and so I am going to do something about it! It’s not ok and so I am going to tell you, so that you can do something too. I tell you because it’s my responsibility. I tell you because I owe it to them. I owe it for every one of their hurts that no one has kissed away. I owe it for the nights they spent lonely and afraid, instead of in the home where the belong. I owe it for every pain of hunger they have ever felt. I owe it for the tears and dreams of the parent who left them in the only place they knew of that could give them hope.

These kids deserve more than I as a single person will ever be able to give them. They deserve the world and yes, I know it’s more than I can give but I will never stop trying. I won’t stop until each of these babies are in the arms of someone who has been waiting, praying and dreaming for them. I will not stop until they are fed, every single day, more than once. I will not stop until I pass them from my arms to someone else’s. I will not stop.

It’s definitely, 100% not and never will be, ok with me. Is it ok with you? To help the children of Foyer Des Petits Demunis please donate…FDPD House (18)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Rhyan.....my heart is heavy as I read this, I can't wait until we are at the Orphanage together and we WILL make a difference for the week we are there. Love you sweetie.

Lucy's Mommy!

K said...

The donation link doesn't work