Thursday, October 7, 2010

Someone’s Waiting

I know that someone out there is waiting to see these little faces…

100_9760  This week, while I was playing with Sherley, she learned and the English alphabet, from A – P! She is SO smart!  

100_9800

Tonight, Lucy Medjina said “Lilly” for the first time after I prompted her to! She also repeated “Mama” and “Daddy”. No “Catherine” or “Grace” yet! 100_9794

Last night Dorlens spent the evening in my room with me. He loved watching videos on my computer and being a little cuddle bug! At 8:00 he drank 6oz of formula and fell asleep, he didn’t wake up again until 8:00 this morning! He is a great sleeper!

100_9830101_0020

Tonight, when I told Richeland and Rose MiLove that their new Mom was coming to see them tomorrow they were so excited that each of them jumped up and down and then ran to tell everyone else! They spent a lot of hours tonight looking at photos of their new family and naming each of them!

100_9832

Today, Evie followed an 8oz bottle with 2 jars of baby food and was STILL upset when she was cut off, this little girl loves to eat! If she didn’t spend every spare second crawling around the house at 18mph she would be quite the little chunk!

100_9821

Don’t let this picture fool you, Hannah has been full of smiles and laughs this week. Tonight she danced and danced with the big girls, shaking her hips and trying to copy their arm movements. Hannah is a very happy, sweet little girl!

I have to apologize for my lack of communication. Last Saturday I got sick, really sick. Aside from a bout of Typhoid in 2008, I have never been this ill. Every symptom you can name I had it. If I had the luxury I would have been in bed for 5 days straight, but we all know that that isn’t possible! I have been working slowly and taking lots of naps. Blogging was constantly on my list but I just could not work up the energy.

I finally broke down and asked Mme Jeanel to go to the pharmacy and get me some Cipero. She retuned with the pills and 2 apples! Never has an apple tasted so good. This morning I woke up feeling like a new person! I know that so many of you out there have been praying for me and I thank you! There are moments throughout the day that I have felt strength that only comes from One source, thank you so much for petitioning on my behalf!

  Our 3 babies who are in the hospital are doing much better! Bianka received 3 bags of IV fluids and is no longer vomiting or having fevers. Sanel is no longer having diarrhea and has gained weight and Nephtalie’s cough is slowly going away, she is still on oxygen but is breathing much easier now!

I am so thankful to be here. There have been some VERY low moments this past week. I have doubted seriously coming here. I have cried to go home. I have given up and been entirely hopeless but through it all I know that God has been conditioning me for this place. It still isn’t easy but I know that I CAN do this. I still long for the life I could be living in the United States but every day a bit of that life  fades into something that is so much more precious here. Every day I am here it feels a little bit more like home. I am starting to hate it less with every hour, but man, it is still really, really hot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Rhyan, thank you for loving our babies - what a happy sight to see Lucy this morning when I read your blog! It gave me the "push" I needed today to continue the never ending paperwork! We are doing all we can to bring you home sweet Lucy!

Stephanie x

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear you are feeling better. Thank you for posting pics of the kiddos, it is so fun to see their beautiful faces.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

I love to see those faces....even though they are my babies. I am so happy to hear that things are getting better for you!!!!!!
Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com