Saturday, November 27, 2010

His Birthday

Last year I wrote this post.
How much has changed in the last 12 months.
Today I don't wonder if he is happy. I know he is being loved and cherished. I know that he is having a wonderful day, I love knowing that I don't have to worry about him anymore.

Patrick changed my life in a way that I never thought I would expirence again. Somehow, in the last few months I have been given the opportunity to find that kind of pure love over and over again. Patrick will always hold a very special place in my life but I have realized over the course of my time here that I can love another baby like I loved him. In fact, I can fall in love over and over again, every single morning.

Last night a small group of girls were in my room discussing their new families. Some of them have yet to me matched and it's always difficult for me to try to explain to them why they are still waiting. As I stumbled for the right words little Mia spoke up and said, "Rhyan, you can be my mama for now". Take my breath away!

Patrick, thank you for teaching me how to be a Mama, a lesson that I am living out every single day.

Love you baby, happy birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhyan...If I could I would bring more than one home!!! I wish we were allowed to!!! I wish all of the kiddos had families ready to bring them home. Thank you for being their "mama" during this time!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

This makes my heart hurt-that children have to wonder why they don't have a family. Thank you Rhyan for being there for them.
I pray that soon you will have the joy of telling ALL of these kids about their families waiting for them.