Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Storm

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Kids at Church October 2010 (6)
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
Kids at Church October 2010 (5)

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Kids at Church October 2010 (10)

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth DSCN0233

There are so many things that are flying through my mind right now. I sit here and torture myself watching The Weather Channel, it makes me feel even more helpless, but gives me images that my eyes are searching for. I am heartbroken for the people who are being beaten while they are down. I have to do the only thing I can and pray, while my heart cries to be there. I think about those babies and I wonder if it’s cold in the house, we have no blankets. I wonder if they are scared, I wonder if they know the extent that I would go to if it were only possible for me to be there holding them. I hate that I am not there, not that I could do anything to stop the wind and rain but at least I wouldn’t be sitting here, so far away.

**Photos taken in one of our nightly church services at the orphanage

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

You have a mother's heart for those children. I'm feeling some of the same things as I sit here watching the Weather Channel as well...our sweet daughter, Esther, in Haiti. I pray the adoption process with go faster!! And yet I'm tormented by all those sweet faces who don't have adoptive homes yet.
Want you to know I'm praying for you...and we're all in this together...none of us alone.