Monday, January 3, 2011

Ayiti Bel, Day 3

The women.

Main House (17)

There is nothing that awes me quite like the women of Haiti.

She works harder than you or I could ever imagine and when I walk into the room I am always aware how much cleaner, and more put together she is than I.

DSC06180

As she walks up the mountain path, with the grace of a ballerina and 10 gallons of water perched on her head, she provides for her children and teaches me what real beauty and strength means.

DSC06021

As she hands me her child and smiles through her tears over the life that will be given, she teaches me what selflessness is.

Estalina with Mama, Papa and Baby Brother Sept 2010 (2)

She is beauty. 

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Spoken like a sister in the love of the Lord.

Jeni said...

Wow! I loved this post. What a beautiful picture you painted with your words. This inspires me to be a stronger wife and mother!