Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ayiti Bel, Day 6

The generosity of the Haitian people has never been more evident to me than last June when I had the honor of visiting a tent city in the north of Port Au Prince.

Tent City-113

Each home I approached brought me a chair to sit on. I quickly learned that to refuse was unacceptable. I was given a seat, an honor.

Tent City-117

I have never entered the home of a Haitian friend without being offered a coke, a chair and a meal. I have been given precious rice and beans and never for a second have I taken it for granted.

Tent City-111

I am constantly amazed by the generosity of the people here.

Tent City-108

3 comments:

Who are we? said...

Thanks for sharing all these "Ayiti Bel" posts. I am so enjoying seeing Haiti through your eyes and experiences.

Twinsplusthree said...

I came across your blog a few weeks ago when you were heading to Port Au Prince. I have loved your posts and beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing Haiti through your eyes.

mamamargie said...

I second the comment from "Who are we?"