Friday, January 21, 2011

Because she deserves to be known…

So often, when I am home I have nothing to write about. And then I do, and I wish I didn’t.

Esperanza Oct 2010 (12)

El Esperanza Desrosiers, 3 of Leogane, Haiti died Friday January 21st at Foyer Des Petitis Demunis. (The Home Of The Forgotten Children)

Esperanza was born January 1st, 2008 in Port Au Prince, Haiti. The daughter of Wydeline Antenor and Pierre Richard Desrosiers. She was brought into our care, and into my life on September 18th 2010.

Epseranza was a beautiful little girl who loved to tease and laugh. In her short time in our home she became one of the most precious people in my life.

Never without a smile and always ready for a hug or cuddle, Epseranza brought joy into every moment we shared.

Esperanza enjoyed playing with dolls, dancing the Waka Waka and eating Chico.

Esperanza was proceeded in death by her wonderful nanny Olise and a baby “brother” Joubens.

She is survived by her mother, Wydeline Antenor of Port Au Prince; father Pierre Richard Desrosiers of Leogane;

Esperanza with Papa Oct 2010 (2)

She is also survived by caretakers  Sherley and Jeanel Morin of Leogane; “Brothers”  Daniel, Djerry,  Garbens, Jean Ketson, Samuel, Sebastien, Anel, Woodlely, Dorlens, Gup and Joseph; “Sisters” Achlie, Bianka, Kimberly, Lina, Nahomi, Bedia, Dapheline, Elange, Enose, Lovelie, Miranda, Richelande, Rose MiLove, Sherley, Wangline, Ema, Mia, Medjina, Mina, Rose Bertha, Rose Guerlande and Jeraldine.

 Mina, Medjina, Enose, Esperanza and Rose Bertha Dec 2010 (2)

My heart is broken. I wish so badly I was there. I am so homesick, for that house, for Leogane, for Haiti and mostly for Heaven with our sweet little girl.

Sweet baby, you were loved!

Fly to Jesus.

4 comments:

Annette in Vermont said...

Rhyan, You have experienced loss that I cannot imagine. Won't it be awesome in heaven with our babies?? We miss you and are praying for you daily.
Love,
Annette

willhouse4God said...

Oh Rhyan, my heart is so sad for you and all the children/adults at the orphanage who loved her and knew her and especially her family. Praying for the you all to experience comfort and peace as you mourn her sweet life.
Ashlie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of this precious life!!!! I am just heart broken!
Michelle

mamamargie said...

So incredibly sad! She had such a sparkle in her eye too. Life is so fragile and you seem to know that better than I. Thank you for doing what you do!