Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Real Hope For Haiti Gives Me Real Hope.

In my time in Haiti I have had the blessing of meeting and forming relationships with many different mission groups. One has stood out to me far beyond the others.
Real Hope For Haiti is a clinic in Cazale that provides a variety of medical services to the surrounding communities. These services include, but are not limited to, health care education, preventative medicine, pre-natal care, primary care (including treatment of infectious diseases, hypertension, diabetes, malnutrition, etc.), limited emergency services, minor surgeries, wound care, as well as limited lab services. The clinic also dispenses medicines required for the treatment of the illness that is presented. If the clinic is unable to treat a patient due to the complexity of the case or lack of resources, the clinic refers the patients to a larger regional health center.
Real Hope For Haiti also runs a rescue clinic which is a facility provided primarily for young children who are treated in the clinic and are diagnosed as having 2nd or 3rd degree malnutrition as determined by the United Nations. After the clinic nurses treat the patient and educate the parents/guardians on malnutrition, a decision is made with the parents/guardians of the malnourished child as to whether to admit them to the RC, which is an extended care facility. The RC is a place where these severely malnourished children receive 24 hour medical care and a regimented diet, until they are a proper weight and healthy enough to return home.
** information provided by http://www.realhopeforhaiti.org/?page_id=2
Currently 5 of our children are being treated at Real Hope For Haiti, you can read about them here. When the need was brought before them there was no hesitation as to weather they would help or not. They did not care that they were children from an orphanage, they saw a need and they stepped up to help. I can not tell you how much I have learned from the attitude of love and service that I have received from Lori and Licia. Knowing that those kids are in the very best place they could be is an incredible comfort to me.
One of our babies, Anel is currently at RHFH and is very sick. I am so glad that he is there receiving the care that they can give. Please, pray with me for Anel and Lori and Licia as they care for him.
Anel's First Smile Dec 2010 (3) Anel
Just a few months ago I read this post, written by Licia, that brought me to tears. I am so incredibly inspired by the compassion shown by this organization.
Today I hope you will take the time to visit their website and learn about the work that they do. Perhaps you will find it in your heart to make a financial donation to them. They are funded by the generosity of others and while many of us will never be able to do things as huge as they are, we are still called to serve. A can of formula to feed their children can be purchased for just $5.00, no amount is too small. Will you help provide for them today?
Visit Real Hope For Haiti to donate.

2 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

I'm so thankful for your posts. It's like a lifeline for me to Haiti and these beautiful children. Continuously praying for you and your children there...and now for RHFH.

KEZ said...

This is funny because I've heard about RHFH through another blogger, already. They must be really great people serving the Lord!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm awarding you a blogging award. Feel free to stop by my blog to see the details.

~KEZ
(http://sinnerfollowingjesus.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-ever-blog-award.html)