Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Popcorn Parties

I can’t believe how much I have missed this life.

I just came to my room after a fun night of popcorn and dancing, I love this house!

On the road to Leogane, Jeanel told me that it was time for me to learn to drive! I was nervous but very excited to finally be taking such a huge step towards independence. I was tense and Jeanel kept telling me to slow down but all in all, I thought I did great! The best part was that it took my mind off of the drive and we were at the house in no time.

The big girls were so sweet, they got home from school about 10 minuets after I arrived, they also finally got their uniforms for school and they looked so cute! They had stopped to pick flowers on their way home and came in with an adorable song and precious hugs, I am so blessed to love them.

DSC01472

DSC01469

 

The toddlers have all been crowding in my room and saying my name all day long. After 2 months I really didn’t think that many of them would remember me but they all did! Even our little Daniel knew who I was. There were several sad moments in the course of the day as I thought about the face that was so obviously missing. Esperanza’s death hit me on a new level today, now that I’m here it’s impossible not to think about it, it’s impossible not to see where her joy is missing. I’m so glad I was able to spend those moments of grief holding onto the bodies of the ones I have missed so much. Oh how I treasure their sweet little spirits!

 DSC01482DSC01476

Lots and lots of our little babies have started walking while I was away, we only have 4 non-walkers in the house now. I am so thankful for how these babes are growing and developing.

DSC01493DSC01491  

And now, I am sitting in my room and next to me is this precious little guy…

DSC01500 DSC01501

Tonight I am filled with joy beyond description. I can’t believe I get to love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! I am so happy you are home!!!
Michelle