Friday, March 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

On Monday I moved into the new house. The owners have been kind enough to let me stay for the next week and move my things in before I go back to the States to finish the fundraising for the rest of the rent money.

They have also done an incredible job getting everything ready here. When I negotiated the price with them they were willing to give me a deal if I agreed to do some work myself, and of course, by “myself” I mean some wonderful work teams that I hope to have visit ;) I was pleasantly surprised to find when I came back, that they had done some things that I had no idea they were going to do!

The bathroom looked like this when I first saw the house…

Kay Berlancia Feb 2011 (8)Kay Berlancia Feb 2011 (9)

Now it looks like this…

DSC02852DSC02853

They will add the toilet, sink and faucets while I am gone.

The kitchen counters have been tiled…

Kay Berlancia Feb 2011 (29)

DSC02857 

And, my personal favorite, they have added real glass to most of the windows! I love them!

Kay Berlancia Feb 2011 (12)

DSC02855

It’s been a little strange to be in such a quiet, empty house. I long for the day when it is filled with children to love on, the day this house really becomes a home.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

HOw gorgeous! What a beautiful change already! :) Can't wait to hear how the fundraising goes...praying for you!

Brittnei said...

looks great girl! cant wait to get there and lend a hand. safe trip home and sending my love <3

Hope said...

So excited for you Rhyan!! Can't wait to hopefully come for a visit to help you out:)

mamamargie said...

Wow! How kind of them!

Anonymous said...

Rhyan this is so exciting!!! I am stunned and I am planning on coming mid may I am so excited and i can not wait!!!
God Bless
Josie Wise

stephanie said...

WOW, It looks amazing Rhyan! Such a transformation from when I was there......I'm so happy, now we need to raise the rest of the funds and fill this home with little ones!!! I just want to get back and paint those walls for you : )

Emelyne said...

Wow! what a difference some tiling does! i'm so excited for you, rhyan!