Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Things I Love

Last night was a rant, which is sometimes needed, but sometimes regretted.


I would never for a second want you to think that there is more hate in my life than love.


There are so many precious things that I love.


I love the feeling of a tiny life snuggled on my chest.


I love waking up in the middle of the night, because they need me.


I love that God recognizes my human weakness and gives me the breaks that I need.


I love not owning a mirror. And that it doesn't matter.


I love falling asleep to the sounds of blaring music outside my gate, reminding me that I am surrounded by people, that I’m not alone.


I love knowing that, although not in any of the ways that I imagined, my life is becoming everything that I have ever dreamed of.


I love griot, and lambi and pickliz.


I love that I have time every day to pray for Haiti, the people I adore and the babies I will hold.


I love driving down the road, with the windows rolled down and the smells that envelopes me.


I love that I am making a difference, no matter how small or insignificant it may be.


I love the dust that I rinse off my feet every night.


I love that live, every single day, the life I was created by my precious Lord to fulfill.


Honestly, as discouraged as I may become I realize that I am beyond blessed to live a life of love and hope. A life that I love with all of my heart and soul.


Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful list. The first one is my favorite, and I love that you love not having a mirror :)

Melanie said...

I love that you are so honest and that when you are discouraged, God comes in and lifts you out of your despair and puts His hope back in place and your heart sings again. I love that you never give up no matter what and that you know God is greater than your discouragement.
May He truly bless you today!
Melanie