Friday, May 13, 2011

He Calls Me Mama

“I look at adoption as a very sacred exchange. It is not done lightly on either side. I would dedicate my life to this child.”

Gup Oct 2010 (13)

Once upon a time I met a little boy who stole my heart. When he was brought to our gate the woman who carried him told us she thought he was dead.

But he wasn’t.

Gup October 2010 (2)

He was sick, he was broken, he was starving, but he was alive. I held him, I gave my heart away and then I saw him smile…

Gup October 2010 (9)

He smiled and my entire world changed.

Gup October 2010 (7)

He smiled and I knew that from that moment on I would look back and know, that was the day I was invited into the secret, elite club.

Gup Nov 2010 (61)

He was mine, and I was his.

Gup Oct 2010 (23)

Those chocolate eyes were burned into my soul.

I held him close and every dream I have ever had came to life.

God who orchestrated those dreams, Who drives my heart and gives me my deepest desires, had a special idea when He gave me a love for this little boy.

He gave me this baby for season to love. Now He has chosen to lend him to me for a bit longer.

DSC03720

Today Gup came home.

His mother decided that, although she is physically unable to care for him, she isn’t ready to say goodbye forever. She knows that I intend to live in Leogane for a very long time. She knows I love her little boy as much as she does.

She had a choice and the one she made filled my heart to overflowing.

Someday, with his first mothers blessing, I will legally adopt this precious boy. 

Someday, in the eyes of the law, he will be mine. From this day on, in the eyes that matter he already is. He is mine and I am his. He calls me Mama and it melts my heart.

SONY DSC

He is bringing my far away dreams to life.

How could it be that God has blessed me so?

I am Mama, he is my baby.

IMG_0668

5 comments:

Holly said...

smiling big! love you rhyan and can't wait to meet your little boy :)))))

rachel said...

That is precious Rhyan! Congratulations!!

hart4kids said...

My dear Rhyan - you were born with the title of "momma", I can't possibly be happier for you unless it's when I can actually meet the little man. Love you, your Montana Momma.

rainbowgirl93 said...

Rhyan,
I am SOOO excitied for you! I always knew the day would come when I would read/hear that you were adopting a baby. You will make a great mom. Can't wait to meet the little man..do you ge to bring him to MN on your next trip home?

Lots o love,
Brittany Schlichting

Vanessa said...

I LOVE this!! Congrats mama! :)