Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Help Them Out

Every once in a while you come across people who inspire you. People who open your eyes. Someone who pushes you out of the comfort of ordinary and makes you want to do something meaningful!

In my life there are a few.

Linny, who is the kind of mom I pray I could become.

Katie, who loves Jesus beyond all else and follows His call, to Uganda.

And then there is Real Hope For Haiti. Lori, Licia and their staff live and work every day for the love of Haiti. They give more of their time, sweat and energy than I could even imagine. They don’t judge, they don’t get angry seeing and hearing the same stories over and over again. They care for the hearts of the people in their care. They are the definition of service.

Since Cholera plagued Haiti, Real Hope has been on the front lines. They opened a 25 bed clinic to care for people who were suffering. They hired staff to nurse them back to help. They personally, carried buckets full of contaminated waste to dispose.

Real Hope For Haiti is an organization that I have always looked up to. I love their passion and commitment to the place that they serve.

Right now Real Hope is overwhelmed with the Cholera epidemic. Their 25 bed clinic has been caring for more than 100 people a day in the last few weeks.

These sisters, who have already given their lives to Haiti, have committed to taking on this new line of work. Land purchased years ago, planned for expanding their malnutrition clinic, has now been promised to caring for those plagued by this new epidemic.

Real Hope For Haiti is hoping to build a  100 bed cholera hospital on their new land!
In order to do this they are jumpstarting the project with an awesome fundraiser. 13,000 dollars, in 13 days. You can read all about it HERE.

I can not say enough about this amazing organization! I have met them personally and I am inspired and awed by the work that they do. I want to see them build this hospital. I want to see them save more lives. I want to see them reach more people with the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I would never encourage any of you to donate to a cause that I didn’t believe in personally. Because of Real Hope For Haiti 3 kids that I love dearly are alive today. When they took sweet Anel into their care he was very, very sick. I am convinced that if they had not taken him he would have died. Today he lives. Bianka, who struggled for months, went to their home and came back a new, thriving baby girl. Sanel was weak, unable to eat or gain weight, today he walks and smiles! They save lives, every single day. They give  mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, back to their families! No one is outside of the perimeters of their care, no one is turned away.

Anel[4]               Anel's Visit May 2011 (16)
  *Anel at Real Hope For Haiti                      *Anel after care from RHFH

I believe in HOPE. I believe in this project!
Belive with me… Help this vision come to life!
Visit Real Hope For Haiti to donate to their building fund.

No comments: