August 29th (Monday) will mark 3 years since Berlancia went home to heaven. While it could be tempting to think of this as a sad anniversary I would rather remember the promise of hope that it represents.
3 years of running, jumping and playing with her Daddy in heaven. 3 years of no sickness, pain or tears. 3 years that is but a breath in the span of eternity that we are promised. How could we find anything but complete joy in knowing that she is there?
August 29th was also, essentially the day that Espwa Berlancia was born. Although it took several years to finally come true, that day was the beginning of a dream for hope.
On this anniversary I want to invite all of you to help me in celebrating! Celebrating Berlancia’s life on earth and her 3 years in the arms of our Lord. Celebrating the hope that her legacy has brought to so many.
The idea is to spend the day sharing hope with those around us. Since we are celebrating 3 years we invite you to choose 3 random acts of kindness to share and use to remind others that hope lives! Of course, if you may choose to do more than 3 if you would like!
I will be taking the day with my mom and Kerdjerns and we will each chose 3 things that we can do to bless others. Perhaps you would like to share this project with your family too.
I have created tags that you can print and share with those whom you bless. Go HERE to download and print the page.
- Bake cookies and share them at a local nursing home
- Purchase Helium Balloons and share them with kids in a local park
- Help people carry grocery bags to their vehicle
- Pay for the coffee of the person in line behind you in the coffee shop
- Leave a treat in your mailbox for the mail man
- Share a bottle of water with the homeless person on the street, better yet sit with them for a moment and listen to what they have to say, give them the dignity of a loving touch
- Write and mail an encouraging letter to a friend
- Cook and deliver a meal to someone
- Bring treats to a local police or fire station
- Wash someone’s car
- Gather or purchase a bouquet of flower and give them to someone who looks like they need cheering up
- Set up a free lemonade stand near some construction workers
There are so many great and encouraging things that you can do for others, use your imagination! I think that you’ll find that while you are sharing hope with others it becomes much easier to find the joy in your own life.
Lastly, I would love for all of you who participate to come back and share your experiences of hope in celebrating the anniversary of homecoming of Miss B. I think we would all love to see what everyone one else comes up with!