Friday, September 2, 2011

When We Shared Hope

Monday was such a precious and wonderful day for me. I had such a great time trying to think of things to do.

One of the ideas that I had was to bake and share cookies with some people in the downtown area.

I used an awareness ribbon cookie cutter to make 50 red ribbon cookies.

SONY DSCDSC04883

When they were cooled I bagged them up and attached tags with a link to the website where they could read B’s story.

DSC04887DSC04888

Then came the most fun of all, sharing our treats.

Kerdjerns was so funny running up to everyone on the sidewalk and holding out a cookie “This is for you, this is for you” he kept saying over and over again. He LOVED it. When we were almost back to the car we came across an older mad who was clearly in need of some encouragement. We put a few cookies in his guitar case and Kerdjerns went up and gave him a great big hug. You could just tell that he needed that loving touch, I think that was my favorite part of the day.

SONY DSC

We also stopped at a coffee shop and bought a drink for the woman in line ahead of us. She read the card and just kept smiling and re-reading over and over again.

We fed the parking meter for someone and left an encouraging note on someone’s car.

Then we went through a drive through fast food restaurant and left some money and a note for the person in the car behind us.

Our last stop was to buy some balloons and stop by a youth soccer practice where we put balloons and notes on cars in the parking lot.

DSC04900

I feel so blessed to have resources and time to have spent the day doing things that brought joy and shared hope to others and to myself!

What kind of things did you do to share hope this week?

1 comment:

Brittnei said...

I loved this post! Amazing and geesh he is getting big :)