Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New Kitchen

A few weeks ago I had an awesome visit from two wonderful friends. Melanie and Emma came to spend 3 weeks with Annabel and I!

We had so much fun visiting and catching up while Annabel got seriously spoiled with all those arms ready and willing to hold her.

I got a little extra sleep while the ladies took turns getting up with Annabel (although she is a great sleeper) and was able to catch up on a lot of things that I had been putting off since she was born.

By far the highlight of the trip was the gift that Melanie and Emma brought along to bless us with.

P1010373P1010375

Before leaving Canada they did some serious fundraising and were able to gather enough to purchase a refrigerator and stove for the house! Up until now I have only had a small cooler to keep food in and have been cooking over charcoal in the back yard or on an electric hot plate.

We were able to buy both the fridge and gas stove in Port and a wonderful friend with a pickup truck delivered them for us!

P1010366

It is such a treat to have cold water to drink and yummy meals prepared. We even made a SPAM pizza one night, delicious!

DSC07961DSC07960

I am so thankful for the willingness of these two sweet friends of mine in coming to spend time with Annabel and I and for everyone who donated to make this AMAZING new kitchen possible.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Thank you so much, gals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you wrote! So encouraging for all our supporters here in Calgary. I am looking forward to see what great things God has in store for you this year. Bless you for the love and service you offer in the community, we thoroughly enjoyed being with you and hanging out with the neighbors, riding moto taxis and eating all the fun food we got to make while with you! We miss you and Annabel and the warm sunny days. Thanks for a great visit, love Melanie and Emma