Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dear Annabel, You're One

Annabel Kay November 15, 2011

Dear Annabel, 

Today you are one. A whole year old. I can't believe how much my heart changed on the day you were born and how much it keeps changing every single day. 

Watching you grow up has been the greatest joy of my life. Seeing your sweet personality develop is indescribable.

I love how determined you are! In your mind there is nothing that you can not do and there is nothing that will stop you from achieving your dreams. From climbing up towering staircases to putting all the shapes into the shape sorter, you are determined and you are committed. You have never been easily distracted from whatever you set your mind to. I hope that as you grow you keep your determined spirit. Even when it makes you difficult to parent, I know that it will make you the kind of person who changes the world.

Annabel you are determined but you are also compassionate. You take a genuine notice in other people and you are thoughtful. If someone is hurting you are sweet and gentle. If someone is sad you are silly and entertaining. You have a way of noticing how other people are felling and loving on them in just the way they need. You are a blessing to so many people.

I can't believe how beautiful, loving and smart you are. I feel like you teach me new things every single day and each day spent with you is even better than the one before. You are a precious gift, you have made my life more than I could have even dreamed of or dared hope for.

As I look back on this past year, all of the joy, heartbreak and lessons learned I am in awe of how far we have come. I dream about the next 12 months, I can't even being to imagine the places that time will take us but I know that each and every step will be that much sweeter because I will get to share them with you.

On this very night last year I could hardly close my eyes, I just kept looking at you, reminding myself that you were real, that you were mine! While I watched you dream I claimed over you a beautiful promise for your life. This year I pray those same beautiful dreams over you. I pray you grow in Him to bring joy and blessings to others.

 "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness." Psalms 89:15-16







No comments: